More than any other faction, Nilfgaard relies on diplomacy and subterfuge to disrupt enemy strategies and enact its own. The empire plants Spies behind enemy lines to perform sabotage and reveal cards in the opponent’s hand. Well-aware of power’s benefits, Nilfgaardians target the strongest enemy units, crippling them or eliminating them altogether.
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Nilfgaardian Empire
- See this subject on The Witcher wiki: Nilfgaardian Empire Gwent deck
- Gwent Update: Dec 19, 2017: Renamed many cards. Every unit will now be agile. Deathwish abilities no longer trigger at the end of the round. There is now a limit of 9 units per row. The Token category has been added to the game. Tokens are automatically removed from the game on entering the graveyard.
- Gwent Update: Aug 29, 2017: Gold cards can now be interacted with by most cards (unless stated otherwise). Added lots of new tags; Alchemy, Spell, Tactics, Soldier, Support, Officer, Agent, Double Agent.
- Gwent Update: May 24, 2017: Several cards that had issues during Closed Beta have been improved.; Faction abilities have been removed from the game.
- Gwent Update: Feb 6, 2017: Added.